Friday, June 22, 2007

Mud Bogging

Time goes fast in the news business, working on the paper.

It also gives you opportunities outside your normal experience.

I had an opportunity to ride in a Mud Bogging truck during one of his runs. The rumble and thunder of the engine reverberating in my chest with the swaying sensation of driving on unstable material.

I'm hooked.

Now I can see the curious draw it has to many different people. I wish I was talented enough to work on cars and engines, because I can see how it can wreak havoc to machine parts.

But still, to drive. Nirvana? maybe. Crazy? definitely. Do I have a truck? No.
Sigh.


See a few clips of the day at these links

As always, thanks for stopping by.

The videos are from top to bottom.

My Bog Ride






Local Gibler bog run






No comments: